Monday, January 27, 2014

Downton Valentine Tea


Looking through the Heart cutout 
from one of my dinning room chair"s,



Oh my........what to wear...............




Felted Roses, 




I have a small collection of white ironstone, 


My mother made this lace 
Heart Pincushion for me when
I was about 16 yrs old, from another
pincushion that had lost it's 
stuffing so she re-stuffed 
it with pink
fabric, 


New tin heart, it is actually a 
Christmas ornament I bought on sale 
after Christmas a couple years ago,


These are actually Valentine Cards 
from my childhood,
the Fan's are vintage given 
to me from a dear friend, 


Personal Cherry Pies


Ingredients

  • pie dough
  • fresh cherries, chopped
  • ricotta cheese
  • sprinkle of sugar
  • 1 TBSP butter, melted
Instructions
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line your baking sheet with parchment paper.
  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line your baking sheet with parchment paper.
  2. Roll out your pie dough (I like to do this between 2 sheets of plastic wrap). Cut out shapes with cookie cutter.
  3. Sprinkle and stir the sugar with the chopped cherries in a bowl.
  4. Lay out your heart cut outs on the baking sheet. Spoon on some fresh ricotta cheese, then spoon on the cherries. Lay down the top dough, seal to press with a fork.
  5. Brush the top with melted butter.
  6. Bake for about 15 minutes or until mini hearts are golden brown. The baking time will largely depend on the thickness of your pastry dough and your oven. Just keep close watch.
  7. Cool for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack. Dust with powdered sugar if desired.
Thank you for coming to my tea!!!


Have a Blessed week everyone!

Post a Comment