Thursday, May 30, 2013

Greenfield Village

 
The Saturday of Memorial Weekend I went to Greenfield Village with my Civil War Unit,
7th Michigan Volunteer Infantry, Co. B,
My daughters Elizabeth, Alexandra, Sam, son in law, and grandson Daniel, came as well,
It was a beautiful sunny, cool day!
 
 
 
 

Firestone Farm,
 
 
We caught the train as we entered the village, it took us around the whole village
and we could get off at several stops, and then get back on again later,
Poor Daniel had his ears covered a lot, the whistle and bell did get loud, but fun!
 
This is one of my favorite shops in the town, Mrs. Cohen the milliner,


Daggett Saltbox Farm, another favorite!
Alexandra with me in the Daggett Farm Herb Garden, she is
my   youngest and here for a week from Vermont,

Love the Kitchen,

Another favorite the Cottage, to the left of me is a little Bistro on the stone side porch
where tea is served, so adorable,


This windmill is from Cape Cod, Sam's father Andy lives on Cape Cod and repairs the
antique windmills for the Cape,
 
Daniel and his Mom, Elizabeth on the antique carousel,
 
I especially love this Serpent, so many beautiful animals,
 

 
We all rode in the Model "T's"
I was able to squeeze my crinoline and dress using the whole back seat to myself, Ha!

 
Heading back through the park, around 7pm, towards the Firestone Farm,


 
The train is heading back to the main station, going by the Firestone Farm,
We all had such a great day! Sure was fun to be there with my family,
 
 
 
 
This photo says it all, walking back to the car with my sweet grandson Daniel, talking about our day and all the fun things we saw and did.
A day spent with loved ones, teaching him the value of our heritage and history. He wore his Thomas the Train boots all day! Haha................ gotta love it!
 
If any of you are in the Detroit area, specifically Dearborn, the village and Henry Ford Museum is a "must see"!
I hope you all had a wonderful weekend!
I have so many pictures, I will try to post some more later,
Take Care
Celeste
 
 

Post a Comment