Sunday, April 28, 2013

New Roof



I am being distracted , in a Great way!,  this spring with many events, a new roof on my 100 year old Queen Ann house.
A new baby boy grandson due May 10,  my shop, my web store, and trying to keep up with everything.
Daunting and overwhelming! 
The yard work is on hold, the shop and store is on hold while trying to sew with scrapping and pounding and literally shaking of the rafters is going on over my head.
I am a worrier, so I wake up in the middle of the night worrying about the expense, getting my baby quilt and crib sheets done on time, getting customers alterations done, keeping the shop stocked,
etc, etc, etc.!
 
Chimney,  My furnace is not venting through the chimney anymore so the old, loose, not safe,
chimney will come off, it will also close an opening that bats, or raccoons could get into, and have, that's a whole other story,

Chimney down,

Here's the chimney opening,


Delivering the shingles,




Taking off the old shingles, oh, the noise!
I really don't mean to sound like I am complaining, I am blessed with so much,
however sometimes these things can be so scary and overwhelming!
I guess it is therapeutic to write about it, so pardon me as I vent!
I may have more pictures as my wonderful roofers make their way around the house.
So hang on everyone!  Oh, yea, then when the house is done they will start on the carriage barn!
Sorry, so you may not want to tune in for that , Haha!  Guess I wouldn't blame you,
Well, at least I feel better now, thanks for reading and listening!
Take Care,
Celeste
 

Post a Comment