Sunday, March 24, 2013

Nests of Spring

Welcome!
I made these sweet nests thinking they would be so cute as table favors for
Easter dinner.

 
 
I Found this roll of wire in the carriage barn, rusted, 
then I bought these peet pots at the garden center,

A friend gifted me with this box of sweet vintage paper birds!
Great friend huh? Just love these little things!

I Painted the pots white, then glittered the edges with white, I made basket handles with the wire,
I originally wanted to leave  the wire rusted,
however, I  decided the handles looked better painted white,
 

Here they are all finished and grouped together,

I filled the nests with Antique lace and antique silk so brittle it naturally shredded
and made a perfect nest!

When I put the little colored eggs in the basket they just didn't look
right, not shabby enough I think, so I painted them white also,  and then rolled them in white glitter,

Sweet orange bird, I had some antique tatted lace with some orange in it!

I put little gift tags in each nest, I  glittered  the edges of the tags also,

 
Here they are hanging on my lace garland in my shop,
 
 
 Thank You for visiting, I love to hear from all of you!
Happy Spring Everyone!!!
Celeste

Post a Comment