Friday, October 26, 2012




You are all wickedly invited to a Samhain Wedding!


I am not getting married, however just thought it would be fun
to see what a Samhain wedding would be like, while also keeping in mind
the fun and magick of the Owens Family!

What goolish fun this will be to have a wedding celebration on the Witches
New Year!!!
What to Wear?

I made this antique lace coat a couple years ago to wear to my nieces wedding.
Inspired by the way the Aunt's dressed in the Practical Magick movie.
I just love the Aunt's. I have two neighbors who remind me of them, here they
are at my Summer Solstice Party this year.



I tried to fashion a hat with the black tulle. The frame of the hat is an original
frame from the early teens. It did have some fabric on it, but eventually just fell off.

I never really liked the fashions of the early 1900's, until I saw the movie,
So this is how I will dress for the upcoming Witches Samhain Wedding!



Thought my gloves, umbrella and boots would look nice with the coat,

Here's a closeup of the hat, tried not to bend the frame too much, it is
kinda brittle,
 
We are hoping for a gloomy, grey, foggy afternoon for the ceremony!



Since I am having a Witch's New Year Wedding,
I am calling upon all the Goddesses, Faeries, and Spirits to join us in the celebration.
Here the magick of the Fae have prepared the gardens for the nuptials

Many winged creatures will be here to attend to the Bride.


This is an actual picture of a baby crow that sat on my
back deck railing for quite a few minutes this spring, I think it was
injured, it hung around various spots in the yard with the parents
cawing at it, finally it was gone, I hope it flew safely away.
I have many animals visit my gardens, hawks, owls, bunny family's, some come
and find a spot and die, I know, people tell me my gardens are so
beautiful they feel safe dying here, ooooo, creepy!

Candles lit, chandelier hung,

Refreshment table, with one of the bridesmaids
taking a break before the initiation, oh, I mean Wedding Ceremony.
Here is a potion for one of the appetizers:

Samhain Pesto

Handful of fresh Thyme leaves, Plucked at the solstice hour (12, midnight)
½ cup of chopped Hawthorn berries (walnuts)
2 cloves of minced garlic
Ground bone of bat (salt) to taste
Root of Lungwort (Parmesan) to taste
Blend in cauldron, Drizzle oil of newt (olive oil), to consistency of frog paste
Slice and toast a cows bone ( baguette)
Spread pesto on individual slices


"We thought perhaps we should set up a table inside as well
in case of inclement sunny weather! That would spoil the mood of such a frightful day!
"Here is a look at the tablescape with our bridesmaid sitting and looking on,



                                                         

Candles, Cake, Flowers, shriveled from the rain and cold, Perfect!
Here is one of the cakes we are baking,


Witches Soul Cakes
                                                      1 ¼ cup whole wheat flour
                                                               2 cup white flour
                                                         ¾ cup stardust (sugar)
                                                                      2 ½ stick of butter
                                                                                                                                                                1 1 teaspoon charged earth (salt)
1 teaspoon soda
2 ½ teaspoon baking powder
2 ½ cup goats beard (oats)
2 ½ stick of butter
2/3rd cup buttermilk
Cut butter into dry ingredients, add buttermilk,
Mix just to moisten, roll out, cut into small cakes, brush tops with cream and sugar,
Bake 350 degrees for 15 or 20 minutes.

And now the moment you all have been waiting for!!!!!

P R E S E N T I N G ..........

The B R I D E!!! ....................



Ta Da!!!!! Out of the Crypt enters the lovely Bride!

Waking down the path to her beloved,

Admiring him through the glass, how frightfully romantic!


Here is our bride, posing one last time before the initiation!
Oh Yea, I mean....... Wedding, ( he, he,)

"But the night is Halloween, lady,
The morn is Hallowday,
Then win me, win me, an ye may.
And then I'll be your own true-love,
I'll turn into a naked knight,
Then cover me with your green mantle
And hide me out of sight"!
(excerpt from ballad of Frances James Child)

Now it is time for......... MIDNIGHT MARGARITAS!!!!


Put The Lime in the Coconut................................

Thank you all so much for coming, hope you enjoyed the festivities!
Please join me and become a follower and put me on your blog list,
Thank You!


 

Post a Comment