Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Ostara

Happy Ostara
This is an excerpt from my newsletter on my web store, http://www.victoriantailor.com/category/sharing
Wishing you all a very Happy Ostara   Season!
This warm weather has been unbelievable and so inspiring for me to garden, paint,
design and sew my clothing. However I find that Easter has just crept up to fast and I am again
scrambling to fit it all in. I am sure many of you have the same thing happening to you, so I hope
this newsletter will give you some good , easy ideas for cooking and crafting.
Ostara is the Celtic season of celebration when the vernal equinox occurs, around March 20.
The vernal equinox marks the beginning of the tropical year.
It is a time to celebrate the dawning of springtime, the warmth of the sun, and rebirth.
Cicely Mary Barker
I love the story of Persephone coming back from a long winter and reunited with the Mother Goddess of the earth, signaling the renewal of life.
Post a Comment