Sunday, January 29, 2012

Newsletter from www.victoriantailor.com







Hello Everyone! Welcome to my Valentine Newsletter!
This is my newsletter from my web store, www.victoriantailor.com, so just thought I would also post it here on my blog as well.
I have some fun and easy crafts and a yummy cake recipe to share with you this week. I hope your late January is going well despite the annoying warm and then cold temperatures we are having. Maybe these fun ideas will help brighten things up for you!

I have new Valentine merchandise at the shop. Please come in and visit and say hello. I am planning a give-a-way the weekend closer to Valentines Day, so stay tuned for future newsletters.

Here is a long view of my shop ready for Valentines Day.







Lace Garland with Vintage Valentine Ornaments Vintage Sheet Music Cornucopias with antique

lace and charms





Felted Wool fingerless Mitts



Felt Valentine Garland



Felt cutouts of hearts, any size you like glued back to back on a secure string or decorative ribbon,

Use to hang for decoration, or as a ribbon for packages,

Fun and easy for children to make also!



Supplies: felt, string, cookie cutters, glue, I like to use "Fabri Tac", Trace cookie cutter on felt, cut out and glue hearts back to back with the string in the middle,



Garland ready to glue, make as long as you want, make hearts any size shape that you want,



Here is a sweet and easy Valentine Bookmark!





Supplies: card stock paper, old greeting cards, wallpaper, favorite graphics, cookie cutter, exacto blade or razor,

Trace around cookie cutter, cut out , one of card stock, one of image, in each size, (small heart and large heart)glue the image and the card stock back to back,

After the large and small heart are dry, glue the smaller heart onto the middle of the larger heart, be sure to glue the smaller heart completely, this will bond to the larger and when you go to cut it out the opening will be stronger and more secure.





When dry, cut around lower edge and sides of smaller heart, through all thicknesses, be sure to cut up into the sides just enough to slip over book page,

I punched a hole at the top of the finished heart and put a ribbon through ,





Here are the finished projects, I hope you can see how the bookmarks are slipped over the page, and the garland with the string,

Now, here is a yummy recipe I thought would be pretty for Valentines Day,

Pink Lemonade Pound Cake







One 18.25 ounce package lemon pound cake mix

One 3 ounce package of instant lemon pudding mix

4 eggs

1/3 rd cup oil

1/2 cup milk

1/2 cup lemonade concentrate

4 drops pink or red food coloring

Glaze:

1 cup pink lemonade concentrate, thawed

1/2 cup white sugar

1) Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour one 10-inch
tube pan or bundt pan.

2) Combine the cake mix, lemon pudding mix, eggs, vegetable oil, 1/2
cup lemon concentrate and the milk. Mix until smooth. Pour the batter
into the prepared pan.

3) Bake at 350 for 50 minutes to 1 hour. If your oven runs hot be
sure to adjust accordingly!

Remove from oven and prick cake all over with a fork. Immediately
pour lemonade glaze over top of cake.

Let cake stand in pan until almost cool.

LEMONADE GLAZE:
Combine the remaining thawed frozen lemonade and the white sugar. Mix
thoroughly and pour over still warm cake



Thank you for your email address and taking the time to visit my newsletter.

Would you mind helping me advertise my web store by sending this link to a friend? I would really appreciate it since this is how I establish my presence on the web.

I will send details about my Valentine give- a- way in a future newsletter. So watch for more recipes and fun crafts to do.

Stop into The Maple Street Mall and say hello. You can also bring in your alterations if you have any. My hours here at The Maple Street Mall, Mason MI., are: Thursday, 1pm to 6pm, Friday 1pm to 5pm and Saturday, 1pm to 5pm. If you have any questions, my contact info is on my Welcome page.

Thanks again everyone, I appreciate your business and friendship.

Have a blessed week!

Celeste



Post a Comment