Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Shabby, wanna be Shabby Room

Hi everyone,
Happy White Wednesday,
This is truly a "shabby" in the works room.
I have been gathering and making things for my back walk up
room. I don't think it was meant for an attic, because it is on the second
floor with a back stairway that is in the dinning room, and my house isn't
big enough for a maid's room. However, until I can finish the ceiling this
is what I have done. If any of you have idea's of what I could do for
now to cover the insulation please let me know. It would have to be something
an old lady can handle, ha, ha,


Door to the Garrett,


This beautiful old bed was given to my daughter when
she was about seven years old from her Grandmother,
(my mom). Someday she wants to have it when she gets
a house of her own.

Tulle and antique lace draped on the end of the bed,
I painted the old wooden drying rack white, the pink
crazy quilt is one my neighbor made, she was tired of it and
gave it to me one day, I know.......


This is taken from the top of stairway off the dinning room,
The lamp was my grandmothers, I painted the chair, and
made muslin seat covers with antique lace sewn on them,
I put a drawstring on the back of them so they will slip off for cleaning,
the other two that matched sold at my shop,

The silver tree I bought at a garage sale at least 10 years ago,

                                                     I think I only paid 1.00 for it,

My "Shabby" lampshade, all antique lace and linen,

I've had this plant table since I was sixteen, from my mother,
just don't have the heart to paint it shabby, sure would be pretty though,

Found the chandelier at Goodwill, 6.99, I think it was a wedding
decoration, it holds candles and is wrapped with tulle and pink roses,
The pink carpeting I got at another garage sale about 15 years ago,
all for 15.00, it was such a job carrying it up and rolling it out!!
Let me know in the comments your idea's about the ceiling,
Thanks have a great week, I am linking with Kathleen at
Faded Charm,



Post a Comment