Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Shabby Adventure


Hi Everyone, Welcome to my White Wednesday!!!!
I am linking up with Kathleen at Faded Charm,
These items are all from garage sales or Goodwill, I painted and
shabbied them to sell in my shop.
I was in such a hurry I forgot to take before pictures, so
disappointed because they really came out cute considering
what they looked like before.
I love the burlap and lace look so tryed to use it for decorating these things.


Here they are all grouped together,

This violin and  mandolin, (I think), are so funny, they are metal,
and were a strange blue when I found them at Goodwill, I painted them
white and sponged some gold paint to accent certain points, they have
hooks on the back so you can hang them on the wall, I think they would
be pretty under the Christmas tree,


This is a craft box, from any craft store, it was a brown paper
color, I painted it white and made a burlap rose to glue on with some
vintage velvet leaves and real rose hips, I lined the inside with some
burlap also,

This wooden box I found at Goodwill, the wooden sides were not
smooth, just left rough so when I painted it I thought it gave a nice
effect, I filled it with greenery and pine comes from my yard that
I spray painted white, some cinnamon sticks and real rose hips, and
of course a burlap bow,

This sweet little rocker I found at a garage sale this summer,
I bought it with my grandson in mind, but it is really unstable so
I will call it a dolls rocker, It is solid oak, it has a nice grain but
I knew it wouldn't sell unless I paint it, so then I made a burlap and lace
seat cushion and tyed a burlap and lace bow on the back,

This wooden chest I bought for my son at least 25 years ago at an
army surplus, he used it as long as he was living at home, then it went into
the garage, for the past 20 years at least, it was grey and dirty, so I cleaned it
up and painted it, lined the inside with burlap and put a burlap bow on the lid,

This sled I painted last year, I am keeping this, I think it is so pretty,
I sprinkled white glitter on it too!
Hope you enjoyed my "Shabby Adventure" have a
blessed Thanksgiving!
Post a Comment