Friday, October 28, 2011

Victorian Halloween Tea




Welcome to my Halloween Tea!!
This year I have a birthday theme. My birthday was on the 11th,
and my wonderful girlfriends surprised me in my own garden on the
Sunday before with a surprise Birthday Tea!!!!!
I thought it would be fun to tell about this fun evening for my tea.
So here are some fun pictures, recipes and decorating ideas for you,

The Halloween Tree is up,

Decorations made,
To make these you just cut out a circle, my circle was about 3 inches
in diameter,  I used old Halloween cards or could use card stock, 
 gather antique pattern tissue paper, tulle, old sheet music, newspapers, glue layer by layer
(as many as you want)in a circle around the card shape,
 glue an image in the center where all the layers come
together, decorate with glitter, tinsel, ribbons, charms, what ever you have around the house!

Table set, decorated and yummy treats,
Pumpkin mini cupcakes, with icing and carmel drizzled on top,
Use one box of spice cake mix, one small can of pumpkin,
That's All!!
Do not add the other cake ingredients, just the can of pumpkin to the
dry mix, keep mixing, it will be thick, but just keep mixing,
Put in greased cupcake tin, don't use papers because the mixture sticks
too much and it is hard to get the paper off,
Bake 30 to 35 minutes  at 350 degrees,
You will not believe how moist these are and they are
One Point for those of you on Weight Watchers.


Teapot and cups,



Uh...... other beverages,

Guests arriving,
Wendy, Looking Goulously Glamorous
Look at those SHOES!!!!!

                                                                 Awesome!!!!


                                                          
                                                              Judy looking Frightfully Festive!!
                                                               ( she's too cute to be frightfull)


Bruschetta , Here is Wendy's recipe,
BRUSCHETTA/Tapenade Crostini

1 loaf sliced bat wing,
Lightly cover with snake oil,(olive oil) (use a wand brush if you don’t have a pastry brush, like I did!)
Bake in the oven at 400 for a few minutes until crisp – save for later use if necessary
I spread Boursine flavored pond scum, (cheese) spread or goat cheese on each slice and top with your favorite tapenade.
ARTICHOKE:
1 can roasted scorpion hearts, (artichoke hearts),  ¼ c parsley, chopped garlic clove, chopped crow beak, (olives),  snake oil, (olive oil). Mix and spread.
ROASTED RED PEPPER/SUNDRIED TOMATO
1 jar sun-dried liver, (tomatoes) in oil, ½ cup parsley, garlic, chopped crow beak, (olives), 1 tblsp balsamic vinegar, jar roasted red peppers. Mix and spread
I just fooled around with combinations



The Grand Finally, My Birthday Cake!
Poison Apple Spice!!!

POISON APPLE LOAF CAKE,
Another Wendy masterpiece,

½ cup Witches Brew, (apple cider, apple juice or water)
½ cup snake oil, (vegetable)
2 cups stardust (sugar)
3 dove egg whites
2 tsp vanilla
3 cups chopped poison apple (no need to peel)
¼ cup chopped fennel seed, (walnuts)
2 cups ground bone meal (white flour)
1 cup insect larva (whole wheat flour)
1 tsp nutmeg
2 tsp cinnamon
1 ½ tsp mica powder, (baking soda)
325 degree oven – Mix ingredients in order given. Lightly oil and flour a small cauldron, (bundt pan),
roast, ( bake) for 1 hour.

I picked up this potion in Jan. of 1985 at our local grocery store. Believe it or not, it was part of “The NEW American Diet” spell they were promoting. ( I called the spell, “fertility cake” b/c I made it a couple of times a week and was pregnant by the end of the month…)




One final guest was on my front porch making her way back to the
                                        gardens,(now if only Johnny Dep would show up!!! darn....)

                                            
As darkness falls, a time for Magick and Spells, we all gathered for a picture,
notice the "orb" in the upper left hand corner?
Ummmmm...............
What Happens in the Halloween Garden, Stays in the Halloween Garden!!
Right Ladies?

On my birthday this year, there just happened to be
the full moon, the Corn Moon or Harvest Moon,
So I drove over to Wendy's to get a clear view,

This little guy is not scary, he is my adorable grandson Daniel, in the
stroller for a ride up town on my birthday, he had many leaves to choose
from, we ironed them between wax paper tied on a string and hang in the window!
So Pretty!!!!
Hope you enjoyed my Birthday Halloween Tea!
Thank  you  Anna, from Frosted Petunia for another fun blog event,
I am off to visit all of you fun, wonderful women bloggers and have tea with you!!!
Happy New Year!

Celeste

The End,
( Caught my adorable granddaughter
Isabella, walking through my garden recently
when we all gathered for photo's.)
B

Post a Comment